Health of your nails
How to identify health problems according to nails?
Our nails can tell a lot about the state of health!
To find out about the state of health on the nails, pay attention to their natural color and shape. Even if you are used to see them all your life, you may see now, that with them that something is wrong.
- The habit of biting nails is called Onychophagia. Have you stubby nails it says that you often experience stress. Onychophagia also indicates a strong emotional stress, that a person can not cope with the difficulties of the situation and it is a signal that indicates that you need to change something in your life.
- Often the need for nail biting is related to the fact that a teenager or adult can not express “negative” emotions. This occurs in situations of stress. it is usually anger, so Onychophagia also referred to one of the types of self-aggression.
- Yellow nails immediately give a man with health problems. Yellow nail causes the entire surface can be lung, liver (accompanied by increased levels of bilirubin in the blood), diabetes, and others. Often yellowing nails suggests nicotine abuse or fungal infections of the nail plate.
- Onycha Pseudomonas – it is a rare disease caused by the bacterium Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Pseudomonas aeruginosa), which lives in water and soil. If Pseudomonas bacteria colonize in the cavity of the nail, then the growth it produces greenish-blue pigment. The affected part of the nail plate peels off completely or partially. Also, the green color of the nails can be a symptom of vaginal candidiasis (thrush).
- Often it occurs as a side effect of antibiotics of the tetracycline group. But if you do not take these drugs, you should take a blood test, you may have problems with oxygen exchange.
Black stripes on the nails
- It is easy to judge the state of health on the nails, if they had dark stripes. Usually it is suspected melanoma, malignant skin tumor.
White spots on the nails
- Most often white spots appear on the nails, as a consequence of a lack of vitamins and trace elements, with shape, size and direction of the spots can be anything. First of all be suspected deficiency of iron, zinc and calcium as well as vitamins E, C and A.
People suffering from chronic renal failure, the lower halves of the nails become completely white, and the top are pink and healthy.
Strong emotional distress and stress can also cause a whitening nail stations. In this case, a white spot on the nail are usually single.
Dimples on the nails
- To judge by nails health can be in the presence of changes in the structure of the nail plate. Small dimples and nails may precede the appearance of skin diseases, such as nail psoriasis, papules and plaques. Spot pits have a size from a few tenths of a millimeter up to 1-1.5 mm and a depth of 1 mm. The number of recesses (dimples) ranges from 2-3 to several tens.
Fragility, splitting in the longitudinal direction of the nail
- It may occur in a number of diseases of the endocrine system, such as functional disorders of the ovarian cycle, various dermatoses – eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, and others.
- This change in shape is characteristic only of nails on the hands. The surface of the nail plate becomes concave, smooth the nail, the nail thickness does not change. Developed as a result of injuries of the nail bed, for example, long-term exposure to alkalis and acids, as well as in various diseases – onychomycosis, Addison’s disease, typhoid fever, etc.
Thickening of the nail and detachment of the nail plate
These symptoms indicate the lesion organism infectious diseases. Onycholysis (detachment of the nail plate) can be seen in gonorrhea, syphilis and other STDs.