Gastritis home treatment
How to help yourself at home?
The most common causes of gastritis are substances commonly used by certain categories of people, such as:
- Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid);
- alcohol (ethyl alcohol, ethanol).
- The fact that the aspirin and its analogs, administered cardiologists for prolonged daily use and mandatory for the prevention of heart attacks, strokes. Tens of thousands of people take daily aspirin, its analogues, as a means of inhibiting the formation of blood clots in the bloodstream, which makes the problem of the safe use of NSAIDs.
- Preparations aspirin antiplatelet have excellent properties, that is, prevent the development of blood clots in the bloodstream. Blood clots – the main cause of heart attacks, strokes, brain. Aspirin, other NSAIDs, have unpleasant side property – irritation of the gastrointestinal tract. Daily hypertensive use these drugs in combination with other drugs. Improper use of aspirin and its analogues can cause an additional problem for a sick person. The problem is relevant for people over age group, suffering from hypertension, angina undergoing or at risk of myocardial infarction.
Another product – alcohol, is widely used by certain categories of citizens. In people prone to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, even moderate use of this drink can also provoke an aggravation of gastritis. Alcohol has alkaline properties. Neutralization of the acidic environment of the stomach with ethanol to create conditions for stimulation of the stomach wall.
There is no reason to exclude aspirin, other medications (iron, potassium, hormones, etc.) from the list of useful medicines. Carefully read the annotations to drugs, take the scheme recommended by your doctor.
- In particular, to reduce the side effects of aspirin is recommended in the following ways:
- reduction of a single dose (consult with your doctor);
- medication the day before the meal;
- administration of medication with large doses of water;
- replacement of aspirin on modern analogues shell (ACC thrombus-like).
- When prescribing aspirin NSAIDs should be careful if the patient:
- erosive and ulcer disease in the acute stage;
- are hypersensitive to drugs acetylsalicylic acid;
- propensity for gastrointestinal bleeding;
- renal insufficiency;
- pregnancy for women.
- Tell your doctor about a patient limits the use of aspirin. This will help the doctor to quickly navigate, find the right dosage of medication to replace it with a more apt analogy, other pharmacological drugs groups to conduct adjustment methods of application, frequency of use.
- In some cases, to neutralize the side effects of aspirin, other NSAIDs appoint additional antacids. Antacids – medications that neutralize the acidity of gastric juice.
- Irrational use of any medication can have negative consequences, reduce the absorption of prescribed medicines. Antacids containing aluminum at high doses cause constipation, kalisodergaszczye – reducing the acidity of the stomach (in some cases useful feature). Potassium is also helpful for women in menopause.
In the case of intolerance of certain groups of drugs are replaced by others. Histamine (H2) blockers can be the substitutes. Drugs in this group cimetidine, ranitidine are non-prescription drugs. These preparations are administered as agents regulating acidity in the stomach, as a consequence of reducing the pain of hyperacidity gastritis.
Theme: A list of effective products and other means for gastritis
As for the alcohol, it should abandon its use in acute gastritis, applying pharmacological agents having adverse properties in respect of the gastrointestinal tract. Regular alcohol consumption is a real threat of stomach gastritis.
Medicines for stomach gastritis:
The arsenal of Gastroenterology for therapy and prevention of gastritis pharmacological uses several groups of drugs, including:
- Detoxifying (antidotes) – activated charcoal, smectite, specific antidotes;
- Antacids (adsorbents) – activated carbon, alum (almazilat, aluminum phosphate, bismuth subnitrate, bismuth tri dicitratobismuthate), hydrotalcite, diosmectite, sucralfate.
- Antiseptics and disinfectants (bismuth subnitrate)
- Antidiarrhoeal (diosmectite)
- Tetracyclines (doxycycline)
- Antihistamine (H2 subtype) – famotidine, cimetidine.