Crunch in the joints
Crunch in the joints – one of the most common symptoms of a large number of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, and is a normal phenomenon in a number of states.
Pathological crunch in joints may occur at different times and at any age. Most often, the symptom occurs in childhood and may be due to underdevelopment as ligaments, and is not yet full compliance articular surfaces of bones. At this age, ligaments child lags behind the growth of the child’s skeleton. In such instances Crunch joint runs to completion puberty.
In most cases, the appearance of the crunch in the joint, which is not accompanied by swelling, redness, pain, stiffness, or movement disorders – does not require emergency consultation of the doctor (surgeon or trauma). In this case, recourse may be appropriate if the crunch continues for 1-2 months, joins other signs of joint inflammation (listed above).
CAUSES of the crunch in joints
There are many reasons that can cause a crunch in the joint.
They can be grouped as follows:
- Genetic predisposition. Such people are genetically caused by another species of protein synthesis (collagen), which is the basis of all connective tissues. For such people, this protein defines a great extensibility and flexibility, but it greatly reduces tissue fortress on the break. This eventually leads to a high occurrence of joint mobility and the characteristic crunch, especially at the beginning of walking;
- Sedentary lifestyle and lack of adequate physical activity, equivalent to as increased stress on the joints. These factors also lead to the relaxation of ligaments, his trauma, increased joint mobility (weightlifting exercises, impact sports and others.);
- Inflammatory joint disease or injury. These conditions lead to the secretion of synovial fluid disturbance or change in its structure that gives adequate slip joint surfaces relative to each other (arthrosis, arthritis and others.);
- Chronic non-inflammatory joint disease (osteoarthritis), which lead to degradation (deterioration) of the articular cartilage of the joint and a sharp change in shape, the appearance of a permanent crunch in the joint when walking;
The rapid development of the ligamentous apparatus and bone of the skeleton (in young children);
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, there is a change in hormone levels (progesterone concentration rises), which leads to an increase in the water content of the connective tissue, improvement of the elastic and plastic properties of collagen. This all leads to increased extensibility of the joint capsule, joint mobility increases, which in combination with increasing the weight of the crunch may cause the joints.
Essential features of symptom occurrence in women and no men.
Treatment of symptoms:
To self-medicate this symptom should not be. Crunch in the joints may be a sign of a terrible disease, which requires consultation of a specialist primary care (surgery or trauma) to be excluded or appointment of adequate treatment. And in cases of accession of pain, swelling and impaired joint function – to see a doctor immediately.