Anuria – a severe pathological condition characterized by complete cessation of urine entering the bladder or not more than 50 ml per day arrives. Thus the patient not only no urination, and urge him.
From AUR anuria differentiated so that when the bladder is filled with the last and strong urge to urinate, trouble that is not to bladder filling and deducing therefrom with urine.
Forms of anuria:
There are two forms of anuria:
- kidney (renal);
- kidney (postrenal).
As can be seen form the names of the causes of anuria can be localized in several places. In the first two cases, the urine does not synthesized in the kidney and the problem is secretory, and the last – synthesized urine, but is not displayed in the kidney and is, therefore, a problem is excretory.
Reasons of anuria:
- Pre-renal anuria occurs due to violations of renal blood flow in severe forms of heart failure, renal artery occlusion or veins, as well as on the background of dehydration, shock, collapse. The patient rapidly developing edema, ascites in passing.
- Renal anuria usually is the result of inflammation in the kidneys, in violation of their secretory function. Consequently, the kidneys stop filter liquid.
- Postrenal anuria occurs when the impossibility of outflow of urine the kidneys due to blockage or spasm of the urinary channel. Pelvis gradually becomes full, there is hydronephrosis.
- In some sources you can find mention of arenalnoy anurii form that occurs when you remove a single kidney or renal congenital aplasia.
- There is also the concept of reflex anuria – when a healthy kidney in response to pain by the patient stops work as well. This phenomenon is called the renal reflex.
Symptoms of anuria:
- In addition to the bright and unmistakable symptoms – lack of urination and urgency to it, there are still signs of heaven that accompany this disease. Gradually appear and growing signs of swelling due to fluid accumulating in the body, and signs of intoxication decay products of proteins, leading to the development of acidosis.
- The patient feels dry mouth, thirst, headache and muscle pain. There are signs of damage to the central nervous system – the wanton arousal or, conversely, depression. Sometimes in severe cases, delirium may begin on the background of intoxication.
Diagnosis of anuria:
After treatment the patient’s medical care it is assigned and carried out the following survey:
- Consultation urologist
- Clinical blood test
- Blood chemistry
- Ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder
- Catheterization of the bladder
- Intravenous urography
Setting anuria diagnosis made by a specialist on the basis of medical history, the results of clinical tests and examination of the patient.
Diagnosis anuria not cause difficulties, since the patients themselves notice the absence of urinary urgency for a long time. The absence of urinary bladder catheterization confirmed. This makes it possible to differentiate the anuria of acute urinary retention.
Anuria Treatment should be under the strict supervision of a specialist after a full examination, diagnosis and determine the causes of the disease. That will depend on what treatment method is chosen in each individual case. For example, when postrenal anurii urologist may try to restore urine flow by means of catheterization of the ureters or by pielonefrostomii.
But in any case, the very first action of the doctors will be used to support the work of the cardiovascular system and cleansing the body of accumulated decay products, in severe cases by hemodialysis. Otherwise, there is a high probability of death.